Last Updated on
One of the greatest milestones for a parent is welcoming their newborn baby. Remember that moment of seeing your child for the first time? The words ecstatic, enraptured, euphoric all suddenly seemed lame words to describe the feeling. All parents, I’m sure, are wishing they could go back over and over again to that surreal moment of watching the precious little life that was in their arms.
Good thing we now have video cameras to capture that event and help us relive those memories. Though I think that the best way to do that is to let your own memory of it to take you back – not the memory card of your video cam.
Creating a “baby memories shadowbox” was one of the best ideas ever thought of: It is a window, which when you look at it, gets you emotional with all the happiness and incredible feeling that you had. It takes you back to that place and time with your own perspective.
And so let us keep that important memory fresh by putting all our children’s first stuff in a shadowbox!
- Shadowbox (the one in the picture is 20×16 inches)
- All baby items (ultrasound photo, hospital tag and other hospital souvenirs, first clothing)
- 1 yard of fabric
- Glue gun
- Scrapbook supplies
- Be sure to measure all items first before you buy the shadowbox from a cheap craft store. You don’t want your items to look crowded.
- Choose a fabric with a nice print that would match your items.
- See the final outcome of your project by placing all items and moving them around until you are satisfied with how it looks before permanently gluing them.
Thanks to Three Peas in a Pod for this crafty idea.